Dienstag, 4. September 2012

what is your deepest fear?

What is your deepest fear? 
A few days ago I asked this question. 

I ask myself every day. What is my deepest fear? The more I think about this question the more I realize that the fear I have is not real. It's an illusion... 
I always thought I would be frightened of death. But when I was 16, I had the opportunity to talk to three people that had been death, as we call it. 
Independently of each other all three had another breathtaking story to tell, but the essence of all of it was, that they want to go home. There is nothing more that frightens them. There was peace and light. But not that light that we now. It's more this light, that fills you up and you start to shine. Sometimes I can feel the light that comes from inside and starts to spread into the world. And that there is much more of it is a wonderful prospect. 
There are some wonderful lines, Marianne Willamson wrote them. There are a part in one of my favorite movies: "Coach Carter" a movie based on a true story.


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who  am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen